Friday, May 7, 2010

Guide to Shalom

I stumbled over a page in my Philosophy notebook that read "Guide to Shalom". I knew it couldn't be notes from that class - no way! Looking closer I realized it was something I had jotted down for myself. I hardly remember writing this . . . it was quite a long time ago, but I remembered why I wrote it - the fear of losing myself and losing sight of God while getting caught up in the meaningless stress of life.
Just reading it gave me shalom - now I want to frame and hang it up so I'll always see it! Anyway, I won't share all of it, but I will share most to you guys, hope it brings you some peace and reality of what really matters.



Guide to Shalom

Breathe - at least once a day. Be in awe of life and thank Him for it all, worship, pray, meditate on Him - He is the bringer of shalom!

Let go - completely of the world. In the end, it means nothing.

Get back - who are YOU and what do YOU want to do - what makes YOU happy?

Happiness - go out and get it! No matter what it is.

Strength - call on Him, always.

Ask - and you will receive.

Live - like you're dying. Don't waste away the days given to you.

Hope - don't you ever give up

Psalm 16:7-11
7 I bless ADONAI, my counselor; at night my inmost being instructs me. 8 I always set ADONAI before me; with him at my right hand, I can never be moved; 9 so my heart is glad, my glory rejoices, and my body too rests in safety; 10 for you will not abandon me to Sh'ol, you will not let your faithful one see the Abyss. 11 You make me know the path of life; in your presence is unbounded joy, in your right hand eternal delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment